How to Make the Most of #SIIM20 Virtual
By: Christina Nelson
For the first time in 40 years, the Society for Imaging Informatics in Medicine (SIIM) has announced that the SIIM 2020 Annual Meeting will be held as a virtual event. This comes as a response to the COVID-19 pandemic that has impacted other healthcare conferences including HIMSS, ACC.20/WCC, and RSNA 2020.
Conferences provide valuable opportunities for attendees to interact with peers and key opinion leaders, demo new innovations, and gain insights from clinicians and researchers. While we are disappointed that we cannot connect in person this year, the transition to a virtual event introduces new opportunities to engage in collaborative discussions and virtual meetings with one another.
We have compiled a list of our top tips to make sure that the SIIM 20 Annual Meeting brings the same value to you virtually as it did in person.
1. Schedule Virtual Meetings & Product Demonstrations
Be proactive about scheduling virtual meetings and product demonstrations with exhibitors. While attendees won’t be able to interact with products live in person, exhibitors will still be able to answer your questions and demonstrate products over video call. Scheduling meetings online will help you to make the most of your time and ensure that you can learn more about the products and services you are interested in.
Access SIIM’s Sponsorship page to view a list of vendors exhibiting at the Virtual Meeting this year. Each vendor has a featured product page which you can access to gain insights about the products and services offered by each company. Then make a list of high-priority vendors that you are interested in connecting with during the annual meeting to schedule your time accordingly.
Many vendors have a spot on their website to schedule a meeting with them during SIIM. Make sure to come to your call camera-ready to maintain the face-to-face connection that we value at in-person meetings.
2. Watch Sessions Before the Meeting
Virtual sessions will be made available online before the Annual Meeting takes place so attendees can gain access to the entire SIIM program. The sessions will remain accessible for one year.
The Annual Meeting features four topics of interest that attendees can use to find relevant sessions in Enterprise Imaging, AI & Machine Learning, Professional Development, and Crisis Management. Watch sessions online before the conference begins and take notes so that you can ask questions and share your insights throughout the conference.
What to Watch
The SIIM Virtual Meeting Schedule available online features sessions covering topics related to enterprise imaging, AI and machine learning, professional development, and crisis management. Our team is looking forward to participating in the following sessions:
Wednesday, June 24
- 12:00 PM – 1:00 PM ET – What the Doers of Imaging Informatics Need to Know about Machine Learning
- 1:15 PM – 2:15 PM ET – Opportunities and Challenges to Developing Robust AI Algorithms –
- 2:20 PM – 3:10 PM ET – Managing the Post-COVID-19 Imaging Surge – Unlocking the Potential of AI Applications
- 3:15 PM – 4:15 PM ET – Artificial Intelligence for the Non-Academic Community
Thursday, June 25
- 1:15 PM – 2:15 PM ET – Artificial Intelligence & Machine Learning BEYOND Radiology
- 3:15 PM – 4:15 PM ET – The Graphical User Interface (GUI) of AI
- 4:30 PM – 5:30 PM – IHE-AI Workflow Roundtable
Friday, June 26
- 1:15 PM – 2:15 PM ET – CAD, AI & 3D
- 3:15 PM – 4:15 PM ET – AI in the Digital Pathology World
- 4:30 PM – 5:30 PM ET – Back to the Future – Reimagining Imaging Informatics
3. Network with Peers & Industry Leaders
Meet CuraCloud at #SIIM20 Virtual
We may not be able to connect in person at #SIIM20, but we look forward to meeting with you online. Schedule a consultation with us to explore how our products and services align with your needs.