VP Corporate Development
Ed Butler is a senior health industry advisor with subject matter and technology experience from 25 years working with medical technology developers, hospital systems, medical group practices, health insurance companies, and government health agencies. He has a Bachelor’s degree from Millsaps College, with other studies at Harvard University, and Duke University Graduate School. He serves on the boards of several organizations seeking to accelerate tomorrow’s healthcare solutions. His diverse, hands-on experience includes systems integration, software engineering, quality assurance, regulatory compliance, information security, business continuity planning, healthcare IT product management, marketing, and business development.
As CuraCloud’s VP of Marketing and Corporate Development in 2016-18, he established collaboration agreements with private radiology groups for clinical performance assessments of medical imaging applications, and other agreements with medical technology firms. Prior to joining CuraCloud Ed was a founder of three health industry companies and two non-profit corporations. At GE Healthcare for 5 years, he worked with luminary health systems including the National Health Service in England, Mayo Clinic, University of California-San Francisco, and Montefiore Medical Center. At IDX Systems for 6 years, Ed was the project executive for engagements with NC Baptist University Medical Center, Johns Hopkins University Physicians Group, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Duke University Physicians Group, and others.
Professional Activities, Awards and Publications
- Speaker and panelist on AI topics at such events as Softbank World, Canopy Partners Imaging Summits, Life Science Innovation NW conferences, Xconomy Forums, and other community forums 2016-2019
- Active participant in professional associations ASCO, SIIM, HIMSS, RSNA, Life Science WA 2016- 2019
- Cambia Grove advisory board member 2017-2019
- Founder, past president and current board member Health Innovation NW 2013-2019
- GE Healthcare Marketing Excellence Award for Integration, 2009
- Conducted confidential primary market research on such topics as Evidence-Based Medicine, Population Health, via depth interviews, focus groups, surveys 2008-12
- Member National Quality Standards Committee for NHS England NPfIT 2005-2006
- Awarded HL7’s top award, 1999
- Co-chair of ANSI ASC X12 Health Care Eligibility/Benefits Work Group (1996-2000) that developed the HIPAA Implementation Guides for 270/271 transaction sets
- Health Care Delegate to the United Nations EDIFACT Working Group, 1997-99
- Authored chapter on health care eligibility verification technology in Faulkner and Gray Guide to Intranets in Health Care, 1999